Thanksgiving says it all when it comes to gratitude. It is a time of year when friends and family gather to give thanks. Take some time this season to get quiet and move to the spirit within. Below are some beautiful quotes that can be used as a theme for daily meditation.
1. “At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” — Albert Schweitzer
2. “You say grace before meals. All right. But I say grace before the concert and the opera, and grace before the play and pantomime, and grace before I open a book, and grace before sketching, painting, swimming, fencing, boxing, walking, playing, dancing and grace before I dip the pen in the ink.” — G. K. Chesterton
3. “No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks”. — Unknown
4. “Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” — Marcel Proust
5. “He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.” — Epictetus
6. “You simply will not be the same person two months from now after consciously giving thanks each day for the abundance that exists in your life. And you will have set in motion an ancient spiritual law: the more you have and are grateful for, the more will be given you.” — Sarah Ban Breathnach
7. “We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.” — Thornton Wilder
8. “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” — Albert Einstein
9. “Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.” — William Arthur Ward
May you have joy around you always.