- Try sitting in staff pose (dandasana) with a 1/2 rolled yoga mat beneath your knees. Press you feet against a wall and align your middle toes pointing upward with feet hip distance apart.
- Elongate the spine and gently curve your lower back towards your belly.
- Take the weight into your hands and track your knees carefully - hold for several minutes.
- Next, stand and come to 1/2 forward fold (ardha uttanasana) with hands on blocks and create a right angle between your spine and thighbones.
- Track the weight to your feet and hold for 2 minutes. Make sure your feet are well rooted so you don't feel pulling sensation in the buttock.
- You can practice going further in your forward folds once you have practiced the aforementioned points.