Photo by: Mary Jane Kasliner
This is the time of year when things tend to get a bit hectic; albeit no matter what the season things tend to move at a rapid pace anyway. For the next 5 days try the following routine. In this post I cover day 1, so stay tuned in for what's to come!
- First thing in the morning massage your feet. It is a good way to ground, center and remember ourselves. You can do this by sitting on your yoga mat, the floor, chair or couch. Massage each foot for 5 complete breaths.
- Move into downward facing dog pose. This opens the entire back of the body and helps recirculate energy through the system. Take 3 to 5 long, deep breaths. Feel free to bend your knees in this pose to ease into the hamstrings.
- Next, move into standing forward fold. Keep your knees also bent in this pose while you reach your sits bones high.
- Legs up a wall pose. Find a clear space at a wall or against a chair or sofa and shimmy your seat close, and rest your legs up the wall or on the chair or sofa. Set a timer for 3 to 5 minutes and breathe normally.
- Sit in meditation for 5-10 or 20 minutes.
Starting your day with the aforementioned will ground and center you so you can handle anything that comes your way.