There is something to be said about keeping things simple. After spending a day hiking through the park trails, it was a reminder of how the simple things in life bring the most joy. Here are a few ways to simplify your life.
- Be light. Lightness is an ability to dance through life and approach things naturally instead of trying to force them.
- Be good. Don't wait for the opportunity to be good, just do it! All doing begins with being. Being means to accept instead of resisting. Goodness is a state of being.
- Be happy with what you have. Doing more, achieving more and acquiring more represents a constant drive toward more than enough, creating a never-ending unfilled promise.
- Spend time at home. Ration the number of nights out socializing and you will appreciate them more. Use your evenings instead to enjoy your hobbies and family.
- Use a pen and paper. It's amazing how no one writes the good old fashion way anymore. Personally, I love the feel of the pen against the paper over typing. It is a great way to connect with tradition and ease the mind.
- Avoid news overload. Whether in the car or during dinner, the tendency is to keep up with current events. You can only absorb so much. Select carefully what you want to read and listen to, and let the rest go.
- Go on a mini-retreat. This can be one day or for a few days. Turn off your phone and other forms of communication and just let the sounds of nature be your entertainment.
- Try other forms of transportation for local errands such as walking or riding a bike. It's amazing how exhilaration it can be.
Have fun and begin simplifying your life!