Monday, February 21, 2011

Can I speak To a Live Person!

The other day I was working away in my office and I couldn't help but overhear my husband on the telephone. Apparently he had called our cable service to make some changes. Every couple of minutes I could hear a long sigh followed by a few choice words. Continuing with my work, I didn't think much of it. Then, it happened - the explicatives began to fly. Not knowing what the problem was, I decided to investigate the situation further. I proceeded to follow the trailing voice from beyond and found my husband with phone glued to ear and head between his hands.
Concerned, I made eye contact with him with an inquisitive look.

Suddenly, my husband jumped up from behind the desk waving the phone in the air with the look of utter disgust. I couldn't imagine what the problem was, as anyone who knows Ron knows he is a very calm person. He proceeded to scream into the phone, "Can I Speak to A Live Person!" It was apparent he was stuck in "voicemail hell." You know...The computerized wench with 101 options, which of course none of them are relevant and only lead to another string of voicemail options. It goes something like this...For cable problems press 1; for billing press 2; to discontinue service press 3; for Internet problems press 4;...until it brings you right back to the same options.

Instead of getting worked up with him, I decided we should have a little fun instead. I suggested he place the phone on speaker option and set it aside on the desk. I proceeded to turn up the speakers on his computer and play some good music to drown out the pathetic elevator music streamng from the cable company. Before long we were dancing, singing, and making up a few of our own choice voicemail options.

After 20 minutes of having some fun, it happened. A voice that sounded human-like began to speak. Could it be...A real live person? It was. Finally, my husband was able to take care of the issue and all was well.

Moral of the Dented Face Blog Story...WE all have daily frustrations, but we also all have choices of how to handle them.

Enjoy your evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always happy to hear your comments...

Cultivate Clarity and Soothe Your Nerves

How we breathe provides a window into your current energetic state. Simple breathing (Pranayama) practices can function as tonics to invit...