Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Three Steps To Being You

Siwash Rock - Vancouver, BC 2011


Being yourself is not as simple as it sounds. Being original is a great source of wisdom and inspiration. I think the teachings of Lao Tzu say it best from his book The Tao Te Ching.

Chapter 20
   Stop thinking, and end your problems.
What difference between yes and no?
What difference between success and failure?
Must you value what others value,
avoid what others avoid?
How ridiculous!

Other people are excited,
as though they were at a parade.
I alone don’t care,
I alone am expressionless,
like an infant before it can smile.

Other people have what they need;
I alone possess nothing.
I alone drift about,
like someone without a home.
I am like an idiot, my mind is so empty.

Other people are bright;
I alone am dark.
Other people are sharp;
I alone am dull.
Other people have a purpose;
I alone don’t know.
I drift like a wave on the ocean,
I blow as aimless as the wind.

I am different from ordinary people.
I drink from the Great Mother’s breasts.

From Lao Tzu's quote here are three simple steps to take in being yourself.

1. Be Simple: When you get rid of all the "stuff," you'll find that everything "as is" is already perfect. It's not about adding anything but rather releasing all the false things from your life. In other words, Stop Thinking!

2. Be Spontaneous: When your life is simple you are able to be more spontaneous. If you trust yourself and the Universe all will be well.

3.Be Original: Don't be afraid to be different. There is no one greater than you. Have confidence and find your way back to true self. That is enlightenment.

Be original today and go with the flow of whatever comes your way.

Namaste,
Mary Jane Kasliner - Feng Shui Master & Yoga Teacher
Body Space Alignment


No comments:

Post a Comment

Always happy to hear your comments...

Cultivate Clarity and Soothe Your Nerves

How we breathe provides a window into your current energetic state. Simple breathing (Pranayama) practices can function as tonics to invit...