"Pie in the Sky" Yogini: Revolved Half Moon
Revolved half moon is an excellent pose to tone the abdominal muscles while it strengthens the ankles, knees and thighs. Here are some simple steps to entering and finding the pose:
- Start in a lunge position with left foot forward and right leg straight.
- Inhale and lift up to balancing on your right leg and fingertips of both hands.
- Bring right hand to your hip, inhale and shrug your right shoulder to your right ear and roll it back twisting to open your chest to the right.
- Extend your right arm directly above your right shoulder.
- Exhale and extend from your pelvis and through your feet. Inhale and extend your lower belly up through your head and through your arms.
- Hold for several breaths then look down and place both hands on the floor. Exhale and lower your right leg down.
- Place your hands on your hips, root through your feet to the floor, inhale and come up to standing.
- Repeat other side.
Om - Mary Jane - www.fengshuiyoganj.com