Thursday, January 28, 2016

"Pie in the Sky" Yogini

"Pie in the Sky" Yogini



Ever feel the energy is just flowing perfectly during your yoga practice? Today, there was a great flow of prana throughout my practice. Every pose felt light - I love when that happens. Of course, as this is called a practice, it doesn't happen all the time. I find when the qi is flowing nicely it is a good time to attempt more challenging poses. I decided to work on my arm balance - pincha. This is a pose that just feel awkward to me. Once I am up however it does feel great. There is a tendency for people to collapse through the shoulders and the low back. Right now my biggest challenge with this pose is my lumbar spine. I tend to over exaggerate the arch in the lumbar area taking my hips out of alignment while in the pose - not a good thing. Well, as they say...Practice makes perfect - well maybe not perfect. Here are the steps to this challenging arm balance from Yoga Journal. Have fun with it!

Om!

Mary Jane

See my yoga page!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always happy to hear your comments...

Cultivate Clarity and Soothe Your Nerves

How we breathe provides a window into your current energetic state. Simple breathing (Pranayama) practices can function as tonics to invit...