The Power of the Breath
Breathing gives us much pleasure. Just to breathe is enough to always be happy, to enjoy life. Just to be alive is enough. Here is a simple meditation that helps us to remember the power of the breath.
- Focus your attention on your lungs, as if only your lungs exists.
- Notice the pleasure you feel when you lungs fully expand. This is the most powerful sensation a human being can have - to breathe freely.
- Take a deep breath and feel the air as it fills your lungs. Feel how the air is sweet, pleasant and filled with love.
- Notice the connection between the air and your lungs. There is a connection between the air and pure love.
- Continue to expand your lungs with air until your body intuitively surrenders through the exhalation.
- Notice how relaxed and fulfilled you feel with each complete inhalation and exhalation.
- Continue this full breathing effort for several minutes and capture the essence of love with each breath as you move through your day.
Mary Jane Feng Shui Yoga Girl