Welcome to Mindful Mondays. I'll never forget climbing along these rocks in Canada several years ago. When I look into the chasm now it reminds me of entering into meditation through the third eye. When you mindfully make the effort to raise your gaze upward and inward, you enter the universe through the third eye. The movement of the eyes upward and inward activates shambhavi mudra, a powerful meditation to higher levels of consciousness. Here are the simple steps:
- Sit in any meditative asana
- Fingers assume chin mudra
- Shambhavi mudra is nothing but gazing at the eyebrow center. With our eyes we can actually see the place where the two eyebrows meet. Roll the eyes upward and try to gaze at the eyebrow center.
- When you do this, you can see the two eyebrows meet as curved lines at the center. It forms a V-shape with a dip at the center.
- Concentrate the eyes at the dip in the lower center region.
- Maintain this position as long as you can. Relax the eyes periodically and then move back to the third eye gaze.
- This type of meditation can take you into higher levels of consciousness.
Mary Jane Feng Shui Yoga Girl - www.fengshuiyoganj.com