Day 3 - Clarity!
Photo by : Mary Jane Kasliner
It's very easy to lose focus with all the multi-tasking that goes on today. Today, is about opening your hips, hamstrings and side body.
1. Janu Sirsasana - Head to Knee pose. You want to spend a good 2 to 3 minutes in this pose before moving to the opposite side. Make sure you ground the inner groins and lengthen the side body and central channel before folding over the extended leg.
2. Parsvottanasana - Pyramid Pose. In this pose make certain your sits bones reach high so you can keep the hips squared. The tendency is for the opposite hip of straight leg to open up. Hold this pose for several breaths then step back to down dog and repeat opposite side.
3. Utthita Parsvakonsana - Extended side angle. It's important in this pose to engage muscle to bone towards the mid-line. Let the torso twist and the neck lengthen to gaze skyward. Keep the front leg (knee over ankle) and imagine a string extending from the outer knee to outer hip pulling backward for good alignment.
4. Pigeon Pose: From down dog move into this hip opening pose. Make sure you root down through the back toes as you walk your hands forward and let the gaze follow. Keep the hips squared and breath into the hip meridian for 5 to 10 breaths before moving to the opposite side.
5. Meditate: Take a comfortable seat on the ground, chair or sofa, with or without your back supported. Set your timer for 5, 10, 15 or 20 minutes , close your eyes and settle into your breath.
Here's to day 3 finding clarity!