Olympic National Park
When you are looking to make change in your life consider relying on your yoga practice. When you can meet resistance with mindfulness you are able to move forward and make changes in your life. Here is a series from Yoga Journal that I found to be very inspiring.
- Utkatasana - chair pose. Hold this pose for a minimum of 10 breaths to eventually trying to hold this pose up to 5 minutes.
- Plank pose - Staying strong in this pose for up to 3 minutes.
- Warrior 2 - Engage the lower bandhas as you aim to hold this pose for at least 1 minute.
- Paschimottanasana - focus on moving slowly as you deepen the pose.
- Supported Headstand - wait for the internal dialog and sit with it. Hold up to 3 minutes.
- Virasana - hero pose - stay erect in this pose with arms over head and fingers interlaced. Stay for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Hanumansana - Try to stay for 20 breaths and avid gripping. Allow yourself to ease into the release.
- Wheel Pose - If this pose is not available to you then enter bridge pose instead. Take at lease 20 breaths before releasing to the earth.
- Corpse Pose - release into the earth and let go of all resistance for at least 5 minutes.
- Siddhasana - Remain physically still and simply follow the breath. Stay as long as you can until quietude transcends you.